Seniors

Seniors
Love this class!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Glogster.com

Ok, glogster rocks.  I have tried it before, but didn't really spend much time with it.  I could totally see myself using this in class.  I think it would be awesome for an introductory class, instead of the normal "My name is..."  create a glog!  I have created an introduction of myself, though it only includes some of my interests because I wanted a themed look. Check the glog above to see my sample.  Teachers can add up to 50 students on the free plan. The educational benefits, besides the obvious technology skills, are improving a student's ability to consider all aspects of a topic, and integrate sound, movement, textures, video, and text to create a complete project. It addresses the NJ core curriculum standard: TEC.9-12.8.1.12A.5-Produce a multimedia project using text, graphics, moving images, and sound.  It could address any number of standards depending on the assignment.  My school is using the rigor/relevance framework, and we are always searching for ways to get students to that fourth quadrant, where the task is high in both.  Using the internet to search information, then creating a glog showing how the information looks and sounds would get the students to the desired level.  The site is free, easy to use, and fun.  What more could you ask for?
Glogster Jing

1 comment:

  1. We took advantage of the 30 day free pro account to set up our accounts so we cold avoid those crazy usernames. It worked out well for us. My students do enjoy showcasing their knowledge and making connections to appropriate audio for their book talks.

    ReplyDelete