Seniors

Seniors
Love this class!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

First Class

As I said in class earlier, I am a bit overwhelmed.  I wouldn't say that everything made complete sense to me, and I found myself floundering a bit.  I know, however, that I will be ok, because I was in a similar situation earlier this year.  I lost my position last year at Rancocas Valley.  I taught there in the late 90's, and then stayed home with my children for eight years.  When I returned to RV two years ago, I was just in time for the budget cuts.  After losing my position in May, I was fortunate enough to attain a job at BCIT Westech.  It was completely different from anything I had ever done!  Everything was Apple, and besides my iphone, I had never touched a Mac.  They do not want to see us lecturing, everything should be hands on, and the more technology, the better.  It is a dynamic, supportive, amazing staff, and I am thankful every day that I lost my previous job.  Everything that did not make sense to me at all in September is old hat now, and I find my colleagues knocking on my door continually for help with the technology.  So even though I am overwhelmed, I am excited.  I am really excited to learn more about technology, which is my passion.  I am hoping to make a move into the technology field.  Perhaps something will open up within our school.

No comments:

Post a Comment